Thursday, June 5, 2014

All E day 2

I am not sure my day is any different from the other millions of moms out there with a toddler. I think the thing that makes is hard for me is E technically is 8 years old, but developmentally still much younger. Hard to say for sure what age because the testing completed on him requires verbal answers and he is still pretty much non verbal. He uses Proloquo on his iPad, some signs and then he points a lot to colors and I am guessing. It's like playing charades all day with really bad clues.
Anyway, for this day I made sure to have 2 planned activities. Not just 1 like Tuesday. We met Ms Erin at NP mall for some walking. E was beyond excited to see the Hammering Men back. I made sure we met her early, 9:00, before the mall opened knowing E would need some "quality" time with his friends. He was beyond excited! Greeted each one with a big hug. He was also signing more indicating he was concerned they might leave again. I assured him they would be there for a while.
E did a great job walking at the mall this morning and he was so happy. It was a 90 min fast pace walk for me and Ms Erin. It did not help my errands are usually driving through banks for work or non profit. What do banks give kids? Suckers!!! E had 2 suckers before we even got to the mall. My one cup of coffee was hardly a match. After the mall we came home to play outside and eat lunch. 2 1/2 hours outside with water and mud. Time for a quick lunch and then to swimming lesson. E said no all day to swimming, but once we got there, he was so excited. He kept signing "more" when it was time to leave. I told him we have another lesson tomorrow. When we got home I was glad we decided to forgo the grand opening of the HP Town Hall. I was exhausted! E was getting there too. I gave him a bath and we played in his room while he ate dinner again. E was excited Daddy came home before bedtime. E does not sit and watch TV or play video games yet. He is a very active child.
I am exhausted at the end of most days and have rarely sat on the furniture in my house, I would not have it any other way. I love him so very much. I just hope I can keep up with him for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment