Thursday, February 5, 2015

Power Stuggle

Post Written 1/20/15
I am fairly certain the latest round of behaviors from E are due to the fact he was outted on how independent he is at school on pottying. We have made little to no progress at home, yet I send him to school in regular underwear and he comes home dry. Since we go to the playground after school and he gets excited there, I ask the school to put on a pull up over the underwear until we get home. Until last Friday, when we got home he just has a pull up on and that was that. Last Friday I went to observe potty time and come to find out that stinker has been independently pottying for some time. They do tell him when to go and then he goes. I decided if he can do this at school, then it can happen at home. E seems to have other ideas. I have set an alarm for every 2 hours and I make him go to potty. He agrees to go, but he is letting me know this comes at a price. He has started to pour water all over the carpet upstairs again. Run from me when I pick him up at school and completely ignore me when I tell him it's time to leave the playground after school. Yes, this potty training is coming at a very big price. Countless other battles are reappearing that were long gone. Power struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment