Monday, May 26, 2014

Sometimes these things happen...

It's been a few years since I blogged. I have been posting on Facebook and Instagram proud of the accomplishments of E over the past few years. It has occurred to me that while E is accomplishing many things and there are definitely reasons to celebrate, my current social media posts often show one side of the story. I want to use this blog to tell the entire story. I have learned a great deal over the past few years in dealing with the things that come my way through E. One of the most important things I have learned is patience and staying calm are the best ways to handle situations with E. I learned holding my feelings inside can really cause some major migraines. At first, I would appear calm, but be very upset inside. This meant I was only pretending to be calm. I thought I needed to find an outlet for all my anger and frustration I was holding inside. Maybe I needed to take up running again or do yoga. Now I realize  I simply need to understand that none of E's behaviors are meant to upset me. He has to work very hard to express a thought or request something. He has more patience some days than others. He prefers sun over rain. Just like everyone else, some days are easier than others.  Understanding that will make it easier to really be calm and not just appear calm.
Today has really been a test of this knowledge. E has been in rare form. I think he is a human barometer! All the extra sugar did not help either!

No comments:

Post a Comment